- 5 days and 4 Nights aboard
Recommended Previous Experience:
- 15 days, 2 days as skipper, 300 miles, 8 night hours or
- RYA Day Skipper
- Boat handling to the standard of the Day Skipper practical sail cruising course and navigation to the standard of the Yacht Master Coastal/Yacht Master Offshore shore based course.
Ability after course:
- Skipper a yacht on coastal passages by day and night
- Passage planning, pilotage by day and night, boat handling, safety and emergency situations
RYA Yacht Master Coastal/offshore Practical Course is a five-day advanced course for those who have knowledge of sailing and navigation, wanting to undertake coastal passages by day and night.
Each student will skipper more challenging passages and learn more about passage planning, pilotage by day and night, boat handling, safety and emergency situations. The course will be taken in tidal waters and your certificate will be endorsed accordingly.
Skippering a yacht on coastal and offshore passages demands strong navigation, seamanship and leadership skills. Your instructor will guide you through navigation, both offshore and in limited visibility, weather forecasting and passage planning, watch keeping, preparation for sea and handling heavy weather. You will put this all into practice as each student plans and executes passages taking complete command of the yacht.
Coastal skippers must be good boat handlers and you will receive plenty of practice mooring the yacht and have at least 4 hours night sailing. Weather permitting the yacht will undertake a longer coastal passage. At the successful completion of the RYA Yacht Master Coastal course you will be awarded the RYA Yacht Master Coastal Course Completion Certificate and will be able to skipper coastal passages safely and confidently.
Course dates for 2018:
- February 28th to March 4th 2018
- March 29th to April 2nd 2018 (Over Easter)
- April 11th to 15th 2018
- May 24th to 28th 2018
- June 21st to 25th 2018
- July 19th to 23rd 2018
- August 23rd to 27th 2018
- September 20th to 24th
- October 25th to 29th 2018
- November 22nd to 26th 2018
- December 13th to 17th 2018
Please call to book on 02 9326 2399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org