Booking a Course
Course provided by Pacific Sailing School
Located at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia.
Student Instructor ratio: 1 to 8
Course Duration: Full or part time
Course certificate and materials included
Cost: $1290 Shorebased Virtual
Course Pack Express posted on booking
RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Virtual Theory Course
SPECIAL OFFER (extended to 31st August 2020)
BOOK THE RYA DAY SKIPPER OR RYA COASTAL SKIPPER / YACHTMASTER OFFSHORE VIRTUAL THEORY COURSE AND THE 5 DAY PRACTICAL AT THE SAME TIME – RECEIVE A $200 DISCOUNT ON THE THEORY (NOW ONLY $1090) AND A 10% DISCOUNT ON THE PRACTICAL!
- Options – full time or part time.
Recommended Previous Experience:
- Some practical experience desirable
- Essential Navigation and Seamanship
Ability after course:
- Sufficient knowledge to navigate around familiar waters
- It is important to complete the theory before the Day Skipper Practical
Basic seamanship and introduction to navigation and meteorology. A basic knowledge of lights, weather and IRPCS is also included
- RYA Day Skipper Pack (RYA Day Skipper Shorebased notes, RYA Day Skipper questions, Training charts 5 & 6, notebook, 2b pencil, erazier, sharpener)
- Navigation Handbook $45
- Weather Handbook Southern hemisphere $40
- Training Almanac Southern Hemisphere $18 (not required if RYA ENS if completed)
- Collision & Regulations $25
- Plotter & Dividers $60
The RYA Day Skipper course is a comprehensive introduction to chart-work, navigation, meteorology and the basics of seamanship. Invaluable for learning how to start making decisions on board and if you are considering taking the Day Skipper practical course Students are taught the basics of coastal and inshore navigation and pilotage including chart-work, position fixing, plotting a course to steer, weather forecasting, a knowledge of tides and the International Regulations for Prevention of Collision at Sea. The first time you will be able to safely navigate to a new destination. As well as navigation the RYA Day Skipper shore based course will give you an understanding of safety procedures such as distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, life jackets and life-rafts.