Gosford Classic Regatta
Join us at Gosford Sailing Club located on the beautiful Brisbane Waters for four days of sailing, racing and fun! Later join us for the J24 States in early November at Royal Price Edward Yacht Club on Pittwater and the National Championship in early January in Melbourne.
Help us deliver and sail the boats to Gosford and bring them back on the Monday a public holiday. Usually 3 races a day over the Saturday and Sunday.
The best sailing weekend on our calendar
Friday 2nd to Monday 5th October 2020
Covid 19 Plan
The host Club – Gosford Sailing Club has a Covid 19 plan in place.
J24 Association of NSW – Notice of Race recommends reduced numbers on boat. PSS will sail with one less person per boat.
Accommodation – Resort style with a Covid 19 plan in place.
The Gosford Classic Regatta takes places on the Brisbane Waters facing the Gosford Sailing Club, a friendly sailing club with a restaurant, outdoor balcony, barbecue area and shower facilities.
Friday 2nd October
Help sail the boats to Gosford
Saturday 3rd October
Race 1, 2, 3.
Sunday 4th October
Race 4, 5, 6
Monday 5th October (Public Holiday)
Help sail the boats to Sydney
Suggested Sailing Gear
- Sailing Bag
- T-shirts (included)
- Wet Weather gear (PSS has limited gear available at $50 per item for the 4 days)
- Book a 1 day spinnaker course $350 and save $200 on Gosford regatta
- Spinnaker course graduates will have preference on foredeck and trimming
- Have Club Crew insurance
- Price: $1095 Our Instructors are great and good sailors
- Price $1295 with Sean on Sailpac – several time National Champion
- Training sessions
- Instructor fees
- Racing rules evenings
- Regatta Entry fees
- Delivery of boats to Regatta
- Marina fees
At least two training sessions are required per event.
- Additional training sessions if requested
- NSW J24 Association membership $60 per year
- Accommodation for 3 nights and the crew shirt $390 per person on crew share basis
— Click here –
Notice of Race
Attached to Joining Instructions
Tides & Navigation & Entry to Brisbane Waters
— Tides and Navigation — Low tide is 1530 hours on 2nd October 2020
— Minimum 2 x 2 hour sessions
By car: it is an easy drive up the expressway and exit the Gosford turnoff. The Gosford Sailing Club offers good parking with excellent facilities.
By train: even better, the fast train leaves Central Station every 1/2 hour or so to Gosford Station. The Club is a very short ride away from the station.
Sailing: every year we are delivering boats to Gosford, so let us know if you are keen as every student is welcome!
Delivering the boats back from Gosford after the regatta
We stay in resort style accommodtion only a few kilometers form Gosford Sailing Club/