Gosford Classic Regatta
Join us at Gosford Sailing Club located on the beautiful Brisbane Waters for four days of sailing, racing and fun! Later join us for the J24 States in late November and National Championship in early January in Cronulla.
Help us deliver and sail the boats to Gosford on ffiday and bring them back on Monday. Usually 3 races a day over Saturday and Sunday.
The best sailing weekend on our calendar
Friday 30th September to Monday 3rd October 2022
Covid 19 Plan
Accommodation – Townhouses overlooking beautiful Avoca Beach.
The Gosford Classic Regatta takes place on the Brisbane Waters facing the Gosford Sailing Club, a friendly sailing club with a restaurant, outdoor balcony, barbecue area, and shower facilities.
The Gosford Classic Regatta takes places on the Brisbane Waters facing the Gosford Sailing Club, a friendly sailing club with a restaurant, outdoor balcony, barbecue area and shower facilities.
Friday 30th September
Help sail the boats to Gosford
Saturday 1st October
Race 1, 2, 3.
Sunday 2nd October
Race 4, 5, 6
Monday 3rd October
Help sail the boats to Sydney
Suggested Sailing Gear
- Sailing Bag
- Knee pads
- Wet Weather gear (PSS has limited gear available at $50 per item for the 4 days)
- Book the spinnaker course at the same time as Gosford and save $100
- Past J24 regatta crew 10% Discount on Regatta
- Spinnaker course graduates will have a preference for foredeck and trimming
- As sailing students, you are insured through Australian Sailing
- Price: $990
- Our Instructors are great and good sailors
- Additional $100per day/person if sailing with Sean on Sailpac – several-time National Champion
- Two training sessions
- Instructor fees
- Instructor Accommodation
- Racing rules evenings
- Regatta Entry fees
- Delivery of boats to Regatta
- Marina fees
At least two training sessions are required per event.
- Additional training sessions if requested
- NSW J24 Association membership $60 per year
- Accommodation for 3 nights $554 per person on a crew share basis
— Click here –
Notice of Race
Attached to Joining Instructions
Tides & Navigation & Entry to Brisbane Waters
— Minimum 2 x 2 hour sessions
By car: it is an easy drive up the expressway and exit the Gosford turnoff. The Gosford Sailing Club offers good parking with excellent facilities.
By train: even better, the fast train leaves Central Station every 1/2 hour or so to Gosford Station. The Club is a very short ride away from the station.
Sailing: every year we are delivering boats to Gosford, so let us know if you are keen as every student is welcome!
Delivering the boats back from Gosford after the regatta
We stay in resort style accommodation about 15 minutes from Gosford Sailing Club/