Suits those preparing to skipper their own cruising catamaran.
Designed to teach you to be the “Skipper” or take charge and combines both theoretical and on- water education. The skipper is responsible for the safety of the yacht and all crew. These responsibilities include weather forecasting, victualling, engine maintenance, sail selection and vessel handling, passage planning, watch keeping, navigation and pilotage. You will be assessed as to your theory, sailing and seamanship skills.
- RYA Competent Crew Course – Practical (5 day, 4 night voyage)
- $1,890 includes provisioning on board
- RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course – Online theory (8-10 Hours)
- $355 includes kit – express posted overnight
- RYA Day Skipper – Shorebased theory (45 hours of Theory + Exam)
- ‘On Line’ only $695 includes kit – express posted overnight
- Classroom sessions (5 days) $1290 + Textbooks
- RYA Day Skipper – Practical (5 day, 4 night voyage)
- $1890 includes provisioning on board
Cost $4,830 with Online theory course
Cost $5,425 with Classroom Theory
- Add $95 RYA registration, Logbook and certificates.
- 5% discount on Program cost for 2 or more persons
- Single supplement for private cabin POA
On successful completion of the RYA Day Skipper practical, you will be able to apply for the ICC International Certificate of Competence. (cost UK 49 pounds and you will be able to Skipper/Charter vessels worldwide