This is the best way to start sailing – Onboard from lesson one! A great way to see the Harbour and meet lots of new people, whilst getting a general understanding of the basics of sailing.
On our J24 you will have hands-on instruction on helming (steering the boat), main sheet (controlling the power of the boat), winches (turning the boat through tacks and gybes etc) and the foredeck. After each lesson is your most important part of the day is the debriefing session with your crew and instructor at the Deck bar at the CYCA! (Home of the Rolex Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race).
Our Sailing Lessons are available every day and you can choose your lesson times. Session times are 9:00 am to 12:00 pm or 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm and weekend sessions extend to 4 pm to 7 pm during daylight saving. As we have several training yachts, booking in is really easy and flexible – all you need to do is give us a call. You can even do 2 lessons in one day.
- 8 x 3 hour practical lessons and 2 Theory and social evenings
- Unlimited *Practice Sessions for 6 weeks
- Waterproof Course kit with Textbook, Logbook and rope for knot practice.
- A Twilight Race
- 2 x Theory and Social Evening, followed by fine wine in the Yacht Club
- 1 x Free Discover Sailing Gift Voucher (on request - value $200 to give to a friend)
Practical Course Content:
- Safety equipment and rigging the yacht
- Points of sailing, going about and the gybe, rotating at the helm.
- Reefing, Picking up mooring, man overboard
- Social Activities
- Join your crew for drinks in the famous Sydney Hobart Bar.
Keelboat - PSS Competent Crew Course
- Single Person Price: Normally $1,720 Now Only $1,548
- $1,462 pp when booking with groups of 2 or more
- Plus a Bonus Private Lesson when paid in full and advance receive a private lesson valued at $450
- Plus $105 Australian Sailing registration, insurance on school boats, logbook, textbook.