Course Dates:See Our Calendar
Booking a Course:Contact us to Book
Located at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia.
Student Instructor ratio: 1 to 4 on J24 Keelboats
Courses Duration: 2 x 6 hour days of practical lessons on Sydney Harbour
The spinnaker is a sail you must know to crew, as it is used in racing at most Yacht Clubs and with Skippers around the world. A great step to get on board all sailing boats.
- 2 x 6 hour days of practical lessons on Sydney Harbour
- Day 1 – Symmetrical Spinnakers
- Day 2 – Asymmetrical Spinnakers
- 1 x Theory Racing Tactics and Racing Rules theory and social evening
Practical Course Content:
- Foredeck the Pit
- The Mast, trimming spinnaker and headsail
- Rotating at the Helm upwind
- Join your crew for drinks in the famous Sydney Hobart Bar after your sail.
Keelboat Spinnaker Course
- Single Person Price: $860
- Booking with a group of 2 or more: $817pp
- Plus $105 Yachting Australia registration, insurance, logbook, textbook. (only if this is your first course with us)
Further Racing Opportunities:
- Start Racing Course
- Monday Twilights (during daylight savings)
- April – July Sunday racing on big boats
- J24 regattas, either Gosford or interstate.