This is the best way to start sailing On board from lesson one! A great way to see the Harbour and meet lots of new people, whilst getting a general understanding of the basics of sailing.
On our J24’s you will have hands on instruction on helming (steering the boat), main sheet (controlling the power of the boat), winches (turning the boat through tacks and gybes etc) and the foredeck. After each lesson is your most important part of the day is the debriefing session with your crew and instructor at the Deck bar at the CYCA! (Home of the Rolex Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race).
Our Sailing Lessons are available every day and you can choose your lesson times. Session times are 9:00am to 12:00pm or 12:30pm to 3:30pm and weekend sessions extend to 4pm to 7pm during daylight saving. As we have several training yachts, booking in is really easy and flexible – all you need to do is give us a call. You can even do 2 lessons in one day.
- 4 x 3 hour practical lessons on Sydney Harbour
- Unlimited *Practice Sessions for two weeks
- Waterproof Course kit with Textbook, Logbook and rope for knot practice.
- 1 x Theory and Social Evening, followed by fine wine in the Yacht Club
Practical Course Content:
- Safety equipment and rigging the yacht
- Points of sailing, going about and the gybe, rotating at the helm.
- Social Activities
- Join your crew for drinks in the famous Sydney Hobart Bar.
Keelboat - Start Crewing Course
- Single Person Price: $860
- $817 pp when booking with groups of 2 or more
- Book Keelboat Start Crewing, Start Helming and Spinnaker courses together to save 10% or $258
- Plus $105 Australia Sailing registration, insurance on school boats, logbook, textbook, rope.