After you complete your Helming Course, you will have the confidence to skipper a small yacht or dinghy on the Harbour. During this course you complete vital seamanship skills, man overboard, and anchoring.
Our Sailing Lessons are available every day and you can choose your lesson times. Session times are 9:00am to 12:00pm or 12:30pm to 3:30pm and weekend sessions extend to 4pm to 7pm during daylight saving. As we have several training yachts, booking in is really easy and flexible – all you need to do is give us a call. You can even do 2 lessons in one day.
- 4 x 3 hour practical lessons on Sydney Harbour
- 1 x Theory and social evening, followed by fine wine in the Yacht Club
- Unlimited *Practice Sessions for two weeks available on a standby basis
- Waterproof Course kit with Textbook, Logbook and rope for knot practice.
- Keelboat Start Helming Course Certificate
Practical Course Content:
- Safety equipment and rigging the yacht
- Points of sailing, going about, gybing and rotating at the helm,
- Join your crew for drinks in the famous Sydney Hobart Bar after your sail.
Keelboat - Start Helming Course
- Single Person Price: $860
- $817 pp when booking in groups of 2 or more (If this is your first course)
- Upgrade by your 2nd lesson to Start Helming and Spinnaker Courses and still get the 10% Program Discount
- Plus $150 Australain Sailing registration, insurance, logbook, textbook. (only if this is your first course with us)