Course Dates:Call our office
Booking a Course:Contact us to book
Course provided by Pacific Sailing School
Located at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia.
Pathway includes: Start Crewing, Start Helming and Spinnaker courses
Student Instructor ratio: 1 to 4 on J24 Keelboats
Duration: 8 x 3 hour sessions + 2 x 6 hour days and Theory and Social evenings
Harbour Crew Program
This is the best way to get crewing positions on yachts in Sydney Harbour. Skippers need crew who have a good understanding of sailing, competent and confident and who are available to sail. Crewing is a great way to meet lots of new people and skippers.
You will learn about the safety equipment and rigging the yacht. You will be comfortable with the points of sailing, going about and the gybe, rotating at the helm, reefing, picking up a mooring and man overboard manoeuvre.
This Program includes the following courses:
- Start Crewing Course: $774 4 x 3-hour lessons, a theory and social evening
- Start Helming Course: $774 4 x 3-hour lessons, a theory and social evening, twilight race
- Spinnaker Course: $774 2 x 6 hour days
Cost $2322 for a Single Person
Cost $2205 per person for Groups 2 or More
- Course prices based on booking the Harbour Crew program of all 3 courses
- Add $105 Australian Sailing registration, insurance on school boats, Logbook, textbook and certificates
- BONUS: Private Lesson when paid in full in advance – Value $450
Waterproof Course kit
With Textbook, Logbook and rope for knot practice
Practice Sailing Sessions
Unlimited* and available on a standby basis for 6 weeks on our J24 Yachts.
Free Discovery Sailing Gift Voucher
On request – value $200 to give to a friend